Former American baseball player Dave Dravecky on Wake Up Right
Dave Dravecky is a former professional baseball player, a motivational speaker, and an author. He played Major League Baseball for the San Diego Padres and San Francisco Giants and was named an All-Star with the Padres in 1983. He’s coming to northeast Pennsylvania in May to speak at Man Up! at Clarks Summit University on May 19-20.
Hear more in this conversation on Wake Up Right!
Get $10 off your registration by using the code WRGN when you register! Learn more about Man Up! and register here.
About ManUp! Conference
Man Up! is on the campus of Clarks Summit University, where you’ll eat well, recharge, learn from God’s Word, and even help with a service project during this jam-packed experience.
- Come after work on Friday, and you’ll get home in time for dinner Saturday—refreshed and ready to Man Up for Christ!
- Man Up! 2023 Featured speaker: Dave Dravecky
- Italian buffet dinner, man-sized brunch, sundae bar
- Recreation Center use including basketball courts and The Crag rock climbing wall
- Enjoy the scenic CSU campus including the Creation Walk and fishing in the pond (bring your own gear)
About Dave Dravecky
Dave Dravecky has been speaking professionally since 1991, delivering motivational messages to a wide variety of audiences across the country. First thrust into the public spotlight when his career took off as a major league baseball pitcher, he was an All-Star pitcher for the San Diego Padres (’82–’87) and San Francisco Giants (’87–’89). Shortly after realizing this lifelong dream, Dravecky was diagnosed with cancer, a desmoid tumor, in the deltoid muscle of his pitching arm.
The next years were a whirlwind of surgery, radiation, pain and depression. Eventually, his arm was amputated to stop the spread of the cancer and save his life. Today, Dravecky shares his experiences and what he’s learned in hopes of inspiring others to find encouragement and hope, no matter what life throws at them.