Join the choir supporting the Gaither Vocal Band and other artists during The Gaither Vocal Band Christmas Homecoming 2019 in Wilkes-Barre, PA!
A Great Opportunity
As part of the choir, you will enjoy…
- Free parking to the concert, with a dedicated parking and concert entrance.
- No charge for you to attend the concert – all choir members are admitted for free. NOTE: This privilege extends ONLY to the choir participants, and not to their friends or family.
Requirements of Participation
- You must be a current member in good standing of an existing choir -OR- as a singer on your church’s praise team.
- If not presently active in worship ministry, you must have the personal recommendation of a pastor or worship minister to participate.
- You must be available to attend the practices leading up to the concert, the live rehearsal on the day of the concert, and remain at the concert through the completion of the choir’s songs (see REHEARSAL DETAILS below).
- Online links to the MP3 recordings are provided at the bottom of this page.
- The choir will be under the direction of Dr. Lee Kliewer, former president of Baptist Bible Seminary, current pastor of Mehoopany Baptist Church. Lee carries a bachelors degree in chorale directing, and brings years of experience to this project!
- While there is no strict dress code for the evening of performance, we are requesting that participants wear green & red if possible, in keeping with the season.
- The choir will be given choice seating in a dedicated section on the arena floor, near stage left (may be subject to change). The choir will be spotlighted and will sing from their seated location, NOT on the stage itself.
- The age limit to participate is 12 years or older, provided that all other qualifications are met. Requests for exceptions must be made through your pastor or worship minister.
- All participants will receive a memorial wrist band for participation in this concert.
- Pre-concert Rehearsals:
Tuesday, December 3 | 7-9 PM at Wyoming Valley Church, 1153 Hwy 315, Wilkes-Barre
Monday, December 9 | 7-9 PM at Back Mountain Harvest, 340 Carverton Rd, Trucksville
- Day-of rehearsal at Mohegan Sun Arena:
Saturday, December 14 | 3:30 PM – *Please arrive 15 minutes early, so as to be in place for a 3:30 rehearsal.
- NOTE: We request you do not call the churches for information concerning this event; they are simply providing a space to practice. If you have questions that can only be answered by a phone call, please contact WRGN at 570-477-3688.
*By submitting your information via the sign up form, you are attesting that you meet the above qualifications for participation.
MP3s and Charts
Priority Choir Solo Songs (learn these first)
- Light of the Stable
- O Come, Emmanuel
Secondary Songs (learn these second)
You may sing EITHER the melody -OR- the written parts, if they come easily to you.
- Beautiful Star of Bethlehem
- Come and See What’s Happenin’
- Glorious Impossible
- O Holy Night
- Sometimes It Takes A Mountain
- Worthy The Lamb
Alternative Songs (familiarize yourself with the melody)
These did not come with choir charts, yet Mr. Gaither may want the choir to participate in singing melody on these numbers (click each title below to listen):